Monday, April 14, 2014

Meet Yuri!

How many of you have pets at home?

This blog is dedicated to my loyal pet whom i attached so dearly. He came to the family when he was 2 weeks old. Before i have loved him..i honestly DON'T like dogs to be my own pet because i know that it could be needed a lot of responsibilities in taking care of it. Before my pet dog came to the family, we also have "Morning" the flower horn but unfortunately it died. So as our African love birds (Alvin, Theodore and Simon) who also passed away after Morning.

One day my kids' brought this little pup in the house, telling that it was given to them by my mom-in-law's friend. At first I really resist to live that puppy in our house so i asked my kids to return it from whom it came from. I don't know why they can't return it at first. I saw the pup shivering not because he is sick but because he has ticks! Arrghh that was so yucky for me..and i really asked them to stay the puppy away from our home! Still, they were deaf eared and couldn't have returned it, until it was revealed to me that they could't return the puppy because they bought it for P200. Since they won't able to return it, i asked them to clean and remove all the ticks give a bath before letting it enters the house. They did! And finally gave him a name which actually I named him "YURI"-- our first fur baby!
Yuri boy
Why I am doing him a blog? Because he became part of the family and we celebrate it for his two years in existence with us. I remember back in 2012 when he got sick and wouldn't like to eat, vomited yellow colored liquid. We wanted him to survive and gave him sugar for first aid but still he is not fine and that we decided to bring him to the Vet Clinic and gave him dextrose to prevent from dehydration and we need to confine him for overnight to make sure he would be recovered.
Yuri is sick that time

It could be hard to accept if by then he could not get well, but thank God he did it! Maybe for some who don't have pets, they would think that I am over reacting when I said it, but it is really a different attachment when you know you have a loyal pet. There was this incident that he escaped the house when my mom-in-law left the gate open. We are so worried that until night we couldn't find him..we are very sad and crying until one of our neighbor shouted "Uy! si Yuri!" then we looked outside and Yuri was there! He was just waiting for someone who will open the gate so he could get inside.

There are lots of stories happened to Yuri that could sadden our hearts. Maybe because we accepted him us the real member of the family, when he got hurt, we feel the hurt too. I remember too when we were about to move-in to our new house here in Cavite last year. Before we finally moved-in, he got into trouble when my kid's friend took him for a walk and then got attacked by other dogs. So we moved-in carrying the marks of hurt and wounds on his face and legs.

We treated him special though he is just a native canine (Aspin). He makes us alive and happy when he plays a lot, trying to catch our attention by biting our hands to play with him. I find him adorable and lovely..especially when he stares at you with those beautiful brown eyes :) Because of him, i have learned to watch dog movies such "Hachiko", "Airbud" (complete volume), "Lassie" and "Marley and me". These movies inspired me more to have pet dog since all of them are loyal to their masters. Dog breeds doesnt matter, even if it's a native one, as long you treated them well, they will become loyal to you. 

Yuri in his Now and Then Photos:












Thank You Lord for giving YURI to the family :)



“A dog reflects the family life. Whoever saw a frisky dog in a gloomy family, or a sad dog in a happy one? Snarling people have snarling dogs, dangerous people have dangerous ones.” 
― Arthur Conan DoyleThe Case-Book of Sherlock Holmes

 “A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself.” 
― Josh Billings


“The only creatures that are evolved enough to convey pure love are dogs and infants.” 
― Johnny Depp


“Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.” 
― Roger A. Caras

“The better I get to know men, the more I find myself loving dogs.” 
― Charles de Gaulle
“I believe in integrity. Dogs have it. Humans are sometimes lacking it.” 
― Cesar Milla


“Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are god. :)


“Dogs do speak, but only to those who know how to listen.” 
― Orhan Pamuk

“The dog is the most faithful of animals and would be much esteemed were it not so common. Our Lord God has made His greatest gifts the commonest.” 
― Martin Luther

Now that the family proved to be responsible enough in having pets, we have decided to add one more furbaby --meet Summer!
The newly added fur baby in the family--SUMMER, the shih tzu!

No comments:

Post a Comment