Friday, August 27, 2021

Cruising Experience

This may be a long due post that I should post after the event in 2015. I just wanted to pursue for the sake of compiling good memories that I could look back in the future. 

My hubby works aboard a passenger ship at P&O cruises. It was his dream and my dream too for me to take on a cruise someday but because their port is in the UK, it would be expensive for airfare just to get there and back. Anyway, it was still an answered prayer for us, we may not expect the way how we wanted it, I believe it is God's way of answering it through a friend. By the way, I didn't pay any for this cruise it was God's provisions. It was HIS favor indeed.

Cruising itself was the highlight of our trip. It was the happenings inside the ship, the experience to meet other nationalities who were also on a cruise. The food and different activities made me excited. We booked for 4D/3N cruise from Singapore-Malaysia-Singapore. I was also excited to reach Malaysia for another country to explore but we just spent the whole day there.
At first, I was afraid to board a ship because it might trigger my vertigo when the sea is rough. Instead of conquering by fear, what I did is to prepare before it happens. So I took the seasick tab and brought more for the entire cruise. Indeed, I enjoyed the whole cruise. 

My friend's cousin is working onboard in RCCL Mariner of the Sea ship where we had our cruise. It was also her birthday on the date that we were there so we spent a night celebrating with her. We had our dinner at Giovanni's Table.


















Happy Birthday, Liezel! We enjoyed the sumptuous food and your company. We pray that the Lord will always guide your life to the path which will give glory to His name. Enjoy every blessing!

Life on a cruise is a luxurious experience. Foods are flooding, events are everywhere, complete amenities, etc. You just have to go out of your cabin and explore the ship. They also give the list of activities for the entire cruise and decide on where you want to go and what you want to do.

Random pictures in a ship:



Chill with the live band music





BFF

Promenade


Photo opp

Mariner of the Seas ship






I always thank God for this opportunity of an event in my life which I experienced to go on a cruise FREE from covid-19 and explore without wearing a mask then. Even today that the cruising industry is trying to get back in normal cruising operation, there have been safety protocols requirements in doing so. We may never know when the pandemic will end but in God's perfect will and plan, we must trust in His power. We are not in control of the situation, but HE IS. We can't assure that things will go back the same but for now, let us adapt to what the "new normal" is offering.

Thank God for the good memories to look back thru all these pictures.




 

The Crews of Rhapsody in Blue
sang their farewell song for the passengers in the Chinese language as we have our last dinner on the night of our cruise.


No comments:

Post a Comment