Friday, November 7, 2014

Value each grain..Be RICEponsible!

November is National Rice Awareness Month


I never knew that there is such an event about rice awareness. Though I am familiar with "Panatang Makapalay" that I used to hear it reciting in 702 DZAS every morning. It opens my mind on how to value each grain on my plate. In fact, I have learned to just cook rice that is just enough for the family. In case we have leftover rice at home, i wash and drain it and place it inside the refrigerator so i can mix it with a cup of rice to be cook the next day. Bawal din ang masunugan ng kanin! I even implemented "NO LEFTOVER RICE ON THE PLATE" policy at home. I even ask my kids to just get the exact scoop of rice on their plate which they could only finish. Anyway, they could have scoop more if they want after they have finished what is on their plate. In this simple ways, I know we could help the country achieve rice self-sufficiency and we show our appreciation to our farmers by valuing the fruits of their labor. How about you? How can you show that you value each grain?


Support our farmers. Value each grain. Love rice and BeRICEponsible.

No comments:

Post a Comment