Friday, March 17, 2017

A Day in Learning the Cuppie Thing!

Life is always interesting.
There is always room for learning new things because it is a continues process regardless of age.


Today, I want to share with you what something new that I learned and experienced from a Cupcake workshop by Chef Joy Labos at Bakecraft Alabang.


I am not new to baking. In fact, I do bread and quite bake simple cakes and cupcakes which I learned from watching through Youtube channel. Learning these days is as easy as one click. The internet is so generous in giving the list of ingredients and procedures but I know that something must be kept for them and never shared everything they know that is why even though you prepared the right measurements of each ingredients and carefully followed the procedures, sometimes the outcome is far different from the expectations.


I am thankful that I was able to enrol on a one-day Cupcake workshop with a minimal fee of P2,000 including infredients, printed materials, apron, lunch, snack, certificate and a take home products. It's a steal, right?


Bakecraft is a store of baking thing. From ingredients, molder, topper, baking pans, box, etc. they all have it. It is a small building (an old house turned to be a store at the ground floor and kitchen upstairs where workshops are done) and can only accommodate 12-16 students I guess.


Our Chef instructor in Cupcake class is Ms. Joy Labos. A former teacher in LPU handling pastries course  (I just have noticed it from checking on Facebook from previous  post of her students.) She is kind and generous to share even her own techniques in baking. She always tell us that it is what we paid for 😊 to know everything!


I enjoyed the class, the way she teach, the new cupcakes recipes, new friends and learning and most of all the take home cuppies! 👏

Honey Caramel Crunch, Chocolate Hazelnut,Peanut Butter and Jelly, Red Velvet with Cream Cheese Frosting, Chocolate Marble and Brazo De Mercedes Cups

There's nothing to beat on an actual demo class than just watching in Youtube because in actual class you have the chance to participate and you can ask the instructor if something was not clear to you. I am sure that this experience will have another day to repeat. But of course, not on a cupcake class anymore unless it has a new set of variety of cupcakes recipes but I will also try the other courses they offer.

Cupcakes and me!

If you are interested to learn baking, visit their Facebook page Bakecraft PH for queued workshops.



No comments:

Post a Comment